Diwali Lakshmi Puja Vrat And Rituals
On the day of the Puja, people should wake up early in the morning in order to pay their respects and tributes to their ancestors. They should also worship their family God. Since this is a new moon day or the day of ‘Amavasya’, people should also offer ‘Sharadh’ to the ones that are no longer with them. Most people fast for the entire day till they perform the Puja. This is one of the oldest traditions and while some people still follow it, others just perform the Puja.
The Diwali 2017 is to be fall on Thursday 19th October 2017.
Lakshmi Puja Preparations
In order to prepare for the festival, Hindus clean their homes and then decorate it with flowers, Rangoli and lights. It is considered to be an auspicious day and people are required to keep a ‘Kalash’ with a coconut at the entrance of the house.
Lakshmi Puja Muhurat – Diwali Pooja Time
Most people believe that this Diwali, Lakshmi Puja needs to be conducted during Pradosh Kaal. This period starts after sunset and lasts for approximately 2 hours and 24 minutes. Some other sources also mention that Lakshmi Puja should be performed during Mahanishita Kaal. The Mahanishita Kaal is known to be best suited for the Tantrik community and the practicing Pundits who are said to be the most knowledgeable about Lakshmi Puja. For people who get too confused, the Pradosh Kaal Muhurat is the best. One of the muhurats that is not advised for Lakshmi Puja is the Choghadiya Muhurat. This muhurat is good only for traveling. One should perform Lakshmi Puja during Pradosh Kaal only when Sthir Lagna prevails.
Pradosh Kaal Muhurat
- Lakshmi Puja Muhurta = 19:11 to 20:16
- Duration = 1 Hour 05 Mins
- Pradosh Kaal = 17:43 to 20:16
- Vrishabha Kaal = 19:11 to 21:06
- Amavasya Tithi Begins = 00:13 on 19/Oct/2016
- Amavasya Tithi Ends = 00:41 on 20/Oct/2016
Mahanishita Kaal Muhurat
- Lakshmi Puja Muhurta = 11:40 to 00:31 (20th october 2017)
- Duration = 0 Hours 51 Mins
- Mahanishita Kaal = 23:40 to 24:31+
- Simha Kaal = 25:41+ to 27:59+
- Amavasya Tithi Begins = 00:13 on 19/Oct/2017
- Amavasya Tithi Ends = 00:41 on 20/Oct/2017
Choghadiya Puja Muhurat – Auspicious Choghadiya Muhurat for Diwali Lakshmi Puja
- Morning Muhurta (Shubh) = 06:28 – 07:53
- Night Muhurta (Labh) = 00:06 – 00:41 on 20-october-2017
Read Also: What Is Diwali? Why Hindu’s Celebrate It?